Press Quotes & Reviews
Not only a commanding saxophonist, but also a keen composer.
– John Murph, Downbeat Magazine
An obviously talented saxophonist with a gift for writing as well as playing. ★★★★
– Edward Blanco, All About Jazz
– Laura Wachter, Jazzpodium
One of the best Cd’s I’ve heard this year!
– Ron Netsky, Rochester City Newspaper
Relaxed and muscular with a gorgeous tone… he plays from his heart.
– Elliott Simon, New York City Jazz Record
A mix that glitters and sparkles like a diamond.
– Dave Sumner, Bird is the Worm
One of Germany’s biggest talents on the saxophone.
– Jazzthetik (DE)
A saxophonist who has mastered the difficult art of playing a ballad. ★★★★★
– Jazz Zeitung (DE)
Gracefully combines technical diversity with a fine melodic sense.
– Jazz Podium (DE), Nov 2015
Pure and intense jazz.
– Gäuboden aktuell
Meinhart plays the kind of jazz hipsters would love to claim but real jazzbos own. Hot stuff throughout, this is the best of nu daddio jazz. Hot stuff.
– Chris Spector, Midwest Record
His music sounds free of stress, cool, relaxed and full of passion.
– Jazz Thing (DE), Sep/Oct 2013
Tobias Meinhart is no longer just a great talent, but has to be counted without doubt to the strong and veritable voices on saxophone and composition.
– Jazz Podium (DE), May 2014